Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dancing In The Rain

With the second week of school over and a storm interrupting all electrical sources, I was able to have a taste of simplicity which brought out the kid in me.

When I woke up, I grabbed my blankey (Yes, I just wrote blankey) and curled up on the sofa. I had some biscuits and talked with my mum, lola and cousins (we were the only ones up).

Around mid-noon, I had a nice cup of Milo with my cousins and we had a bonding session. Then we realized the rain was very inviting so, we decided to get out and have some fun.

Running around in circles, doing ballet-like stunts, taunting my younger cousin who wasn't allowed to join. It was the most fun a girl like me could have.

I've been so caught up with adolescent stuff that I've forgotten I still am a kid. It's good to have some crazy, clean fun from time to time. It reminds me about the good memories I've made while growing up......and it allows me to continue making new ones while I still do.

It was one hell of a storm that had an impact to our country. But to a girl like me, it made me appreciate simplicity.

No comments: